Soeks 01M Geiger Counter Radiation Detector
Get a doscount when you buy bulk
Indicator of radioactivity (dosimeter) SOEKS
It is necessary not only for those who interacts with the dangerous radioactive objects by the nature of occupation, but also for those who treat seriously their health and safety . Everyone who is buying a flat, a house or patch of land should have a radioactivity indicator (dosimeter). It can also be needed to those who own a second-hand car or flies regularly by plane. Moreover, this device will find its use among the fishermen and mushroom pickers.Indicator of radioactivity (dosimeter) SOEKS
Benefits and drawbacks of radioactivty indicator (dosimeter) SOEKS:
- Manageable menu, easy application;
- Compact size and light weight;
- The highest measurement speed of household dosimeters (10 seconds);
- The color display that allows to make color indication of the measurement results;
- Audible indication when entering a zone of increased radiation;
- Ability to charge the battery via USB port or network adapter;
- Can run on AAA batteries;
- Multi-language menu. Two languages are installed in the dosimeter SOEKS: Russian and English. You can also install other language packs;
- Unique sensor of precise measurements;
- Contemporary-styled instrument casing.
The operating principles of the radioactivity indicator (dosimeter) SOEKS:
The Geiger-Mueller GMS 20-1 counter tube is used in the "SOEKS 01M" radioactivity indicator (dosimeter). It records the number of ionizing particles β-and γ-radiation that came into it. SOEKS dosimeter can be used to check:
- Buildings and land parcels, for example, when choosing a new house or apartment;
- Foodstuffs, especially bought in untested areas and which do not have the certificate of quality;
- A variety of things, including those purchased through the foreign on-line stores;
- Children's toys that can be imported from unfavorable regions;
- Second-hand cars;
- Purchased construction materials, etc.
The Soeks-01M Geiger Counter is designed for assessing the radioactivity level of any item and detecting objects, food items and construction materials contaminated with radioactive elements.
The Soeks-01M Radiation Detector easily gauges radioactivity levels based on ion radiation intensity (gamma radiation and beta particle stream) and x-ray radiation levels.
Measurements made with the device display exact background radiation levels in μSv/h or μR/h along with a message describing the level of background radiation:
- “Normal Background Radiation”
- “High Background Radiation”
- “Dangerous Background Radiation”
Soeks Geiger Counters / Radiation Detectors are superior to other household radiation dosimeters.
Soeks Geiger Counters were acknowledged Model of the Year 2011 due to their exceptional performance and high levels of precision. Typical radiation detectors display exposure dosage ranging from 5 to 1,000 μR/h, while Soeks devices provide a higher level of precision, from 5 to 100,000 μR/h. Only the Soeks Geiger Counter boasts a color display, graphical representation of measurements and 127 measurement points. The device also possesses a hi-tech design, is lightweight, compact and capable of being charged via USB.
The biggest issue with standard issue devices of this type is that the majority of household radiation detectors have radioactive sensors made in the 80’s, right after the Chernobyl disaster, and as such, their life cycle is swiftly coming to an end. In contrast, Soeks Radiation Detectors possess sensors that are up-to-date and much more accurate.
Geiger Muller tube
Range of indicated background radiation level, μSv / h
from 0.03 to 1,000
Range of indicated background radiation level, μR / h
from 3 to 100,000
Types of radiation measured
Measurement time, seconds
up to 20
Number of stored measurement points
Rechargeable batteries or AAA batteries
Overall dimensions height x width x thickness, mm.
Products weight (minus batteries), gr.
Color TFT, 128x160
Operating temperature range, oC
from -20 to +60